Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hi, everyone!
So, it looks like I am leaving Nephi. We got our transfer calls this
morning. I will be leaving Wednesday morning, and I will find out
where I am going when I get to the transfer meeting. My companion,
Elder Hamilton, will stay in Nephi as district leader, and they asked
him to train! I'm pretty sure that I am feeling better about myself
than he is.
In other news, this week has been really great! There is so much work
to do here in Nephi. Today we had a zone activity, and we went out to
the Jerusalem set, where they film all the Bible Videos that the
Church produces. That was a really neat experience. The authenticity
of the entire place was incredible, and you could imagine yourself
walking the roads that the Savior walked during His mortal ministry.
There is a very powerful spirit there. There was a a pair of Senior
Missionaries guiding the tour, and they had so many incredible stories
to tell about the building of the set, the production of those videos,
and the opportunities that they have had to share the gospel. I hope
to go back again someday. I don't think that they let tour groups
through there very often.
Anyway, I am really going to miss Nephi. The people here are so
amazing, and, I'll be honest, I've grown comfortable here. I think
that that is why I am being moved. The whole point of this life is to
grow, but as a very wise man once said, "there is no growth in a
comfort zone, and there is no comfort in a growth zone." I have no
idea who said that, but how true it is! If he Lord wants to help us
grow, how can He if we have become complacent? So He changes things
around, He lets us face new challenges, and we have new opportunities
to grow. So I am grateful that I am being transferred. I am looking
forward to seeing what the Lord still has in store for me.
Talk to y'all next week!
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment