Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Greetings from Cedar City!
This week has been good. Of course, there are always ups and downs, but for the most part it went well. We had a zone-wide fast this past Sunday and the fruits of it are already showing. We found several more people who are interested in the Gospel, and we look forward to teaching them. This past Monday Elder Gordy and I went hiking with one of the families in our stake. We went down to a little place called Spring Creek. It was the very first slot canyon that I had ever seen. I will send pictures when I can. It is absolutely beautiful out here.
I have been surprised to discover that the most that I have learned has nothing to do with lessons or contacting or talking to people. I have learned more about myself in the short time that I have been out than I realized there was to know. I am learning about my limits, as those limits are certainly being stretched. But like a friend that I made in the MTC said, "there is no growth in a comfort zone, and there is no comfort in a growth zone". But above all else, I have learned that no matter what our limits are, the Lord can take those limitations and stretch them farther that we can imagine possible. He can and will give us strength beyond that which is known to man, as we follow His example, and adhere to His teachings and are faithful to the covenants we have made with the Father. I know that Heavenly Father is watching all of us, and that, as with the widows mite, however small our offering may be, if it is our all, than it is acceptable to Him.
I love you all. Until next week.
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment