Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hello, The rest of the world!
Still in Cedar. Really, there wasnt much movement in this district for this transfer. I am still with my trainer. Most of the snow is gone, and I am starting to remember that I am in fact in the desert. :) Oh well, I still love it here.
WE HAVE iPADS! So, yeah, I actually have no idea how to use them as a missionary, but who cares? we have ipads! Seriously, though, they are a great tool. And we will learn more about how to use them as we go. As you can probably tell, I am pretty stoked. I wish you all could hear my mad scientist laugh. It's pretty great.
I have some exciting news. One of our investigators is on day 10 without smoking! This is something that she has been struggling with for years, and now she is beating it. This has been the highlight of my first month. I am seeing the cleansing power of the Atonement in her life, and the change is so drastic.
The rest of the past 2 weeks have been good. The work has slowed down a little bit, but it goes on. I still cant believe that an entire transfer has gone by. I was told that the days would feel like weeks, and the weeks would feel like days. Heh. Everything is just flying by, and I found myself worrying about being transferred. I was actually pretty stressed out. I wasnt ready. I was untrained. I was unqualified. Do you know what I discovered? So what. There is no such thing as a perfect missionary. There is no such thing as a perfect disciple of Christ. But I heard something in sacrament meeting yesterday that struck me. The Lord does not call the qualified; He qualifies those He calls.
So I will happily go wherever I am called, and all of us should. The Lord has a work for each of us to do, but He cant steer us if we aren't moving. Faith is an action, a step. And as we take that step, we can trust that the Lord will guide us in the right direction. Because He will. He always will.
Love you all.Take care

Elder Miller  

No comments:

Post a Comment